Tests




Each time I read this I think of a different test I was put through.

Something that has taken me years to figure out ~ EVERYTHING feels like its spinning out of control and is amplified way more when you are right in the middle of the test!!

How about the time the diamond from my wedding ring had fallen out....
OH MY WORD I was a lunatic!
I was talking on the house phone (yeah that was back in the day haha), and I when I hung the phone back on the receiver on the wall when I noticed a black hole where my beautiful diamond used to reside!!
I remember that I hadn't gone anywhere all day because I hadn't been feeling good, which meant it had to be around the house.
But then it dawned on me that I had been in the car and rode with Jon to pick up my inhaler from Walgreens, however I stayed in the car. 
I was crazy and crying and screaming and just acting a fool!!!
Hours into my search, I looked down into a crack in the car and saw my sparkly diamond. I was relieved that I had found it, but I couldn't get it out of the crack!!!
Another round of acting like a crazy idiot!! 
Once the diamond was finally retrieved, and dropped off at the jewelers, I was calm and could laugh about the whole thing.

That is just one example of THE END OF THE WORLD!!

The reality is... we all have things happen that makes us feel out of control.
These are tests.

How well do we handle things when the pressure is on?
Can we think things through before reacting?

For me, I am doing way better than when I was in my twenties!
Back in the day, I fell apart anytime anything didn't go as I had planned!
and what did that accomplish? NOT A SINGLE THING, except maybe hurting someones feelings, making a fool of myself, or embarrassing my family.

This isn't me saying I don't fall apart ever. I am human.

What tests have you gone through?



Comments

Popular Posts