Quarantine


How are all y’all doing? 
This Pandemic has put some obstacles in front of all of us! 
But you know the saying you were told as a kid, ‘If life gives you lemons, make lemonade’. 
Honestly this saying makes me want a lemon tree in my yard, cuz we always make homemade lemonade, but that is not the point of this... we need to try extra hard to find some sweet from something that seems sour.


Somewhere around March 15th, 2020 our Quarantine started... it has been approximately 31 days.
In those 31 days I have learned a lot about myself and my kids. Here are just a few....
  • I am not smarter than a 5th grader. I feel like my brain turned to mashed potatoes.
  • My teens cannot get Tik Tok dances out of their daily movement but they ‘forgot’ to do their chores they have had for a year!! 
  • My mama always said ‘Patience is a virtue’ if virtue means -something you need to use sometimes, and definitely not when in quarantine with 10 other people, then I agree with her.
  • My kids must have been starving to death before this quarantine! As the 3 meals and 1 snack a day before, is now 5 meals and 27 snacks a day!!
  • Crochet is more than just creating something, it is my escape, my chill pill if you will.
  • The kids zoom meetings all day, on multiple devices, helped me realize that headphones are a gift that keeps on giving!!
  • I realized I can create some pretty impressive things with yarn!
  • When these kids spend a lot of time at home together they all start doing and saying the same ridiculous things. (like speaking in an accent)
  • I finally realized why people open their eyes wide, drop their mouth open, say odd things, when they find out how many kids I have. Things are quite a bit different when you have time to sit and watch your large family vs what you see and hear other families doing on social media.


I am truly impressed with my kids and the things they have accomplished, overcome, and handle.
Missing out on their last competition in Color Guard, 2 of my teens had this happen due to the virus and they have handled it so well.
My 5th grader will miss out out on 5th grade graduation and the celebration that happens every year to see the kids off to middle school, she has been so calm and understanding. I mean she has even (without prompting) helped her little brother with his school work!!

My college student, has so much self discipline, I am amazed how she makes herself go to the office I put together for her in the laundry of all places because it is quite, away from the main house, and has a door, to complete her work.

I have 9th and 10th grade daughters, they help around the house and they manage to get all their school work done without complaint!
Lastly, my senior... bless her heart... she gets her school work done, does not miss her zoom meetings, she dances and records her workouts for her dance teacher.

UPDATE- I forgot to post In April. It has now been 1 year, 10 months and 5 days since this all started impacting our lives. 
We are still wearing masks. 3 people we know have died over that time. Jon's youngest sister Amy, my uncle David, and a good friend of ours Harvey Munoz.
Only Harvey died from the results of Covid.

Isabelle became a Pharmacy Technician, Jacob finished his contract with the Air Force.
Hannah got engaged. Eva was accepted into UTA.
I have been eating vegan since August 1st, 2020.

Again some sweet and some sour from the lemons life has given.




 what is your sweet and sour? any recommendations?

Comments

Popular Posts