Garden of Love

On February 16, 2011 Margaret Lanni jumped for joy, sang Funiculi Funicula like never before, and kissed her husband Joseph for the first time in 16 years. After all that she hugged her daughter Beverly, her sisters Amelia and Jean, and her brothers Peter, Frank and Bob.





What a lucky lady to have the opportunity to see 7 children grow, be blessed with 11 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren




  If God had intended us to follow recipes,
He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
~Linda Henley

 


The recipe for pasta sauce that I have loved for all my life, my Grandmother taught it to her daughters. I hope one day I will learn the recipe and be able to make it for my kids and share it with them also.



 I think I speak for all the grandkids when I say we truly loved our handmade blankets Grammy gave us when we were young, I believe most of us still have them.
"All Grandmothers like letters. Even if they just consist of a squiggle and a dirty finger mark." 
~unknown

I know I didn't show her or tell her enough but I loved her and I hope she knew.


"By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it" 
~unknown




I will always remember the beautiful flower gardens around Grammy's yard. They were truly her most treasured accomplishments.

"I'm not aging, I just need repotting!"
  ~Karen Mortensen




Christmas Eve and Easter Brunch at Grammy's, oh the memories and pictures from each year. Those holidays will never be the same.

Margaret Lanni May 31, 1926 - February 16, 2011



Dear Lord,
Thank you for the time I had with my Grandmother. I learned a lot from her. I will always remember her laugh, and her soft hands.
Amen



Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this blog Heather! Makes me think of my own Grandmother, her love of roses and makes me smile!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a genuine person. I think that is what I love most about you Heather. When you love, you love with all your heart. It is both an honor and pleasure to call you my firend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts