Nicknames

A nickname can be a shortened or modified variation on a person's real name, used simply for convenience.
Since my name is Heather, there isn't a nickname that is common for Heather. Which I like.

Some of the many different types of nicknames are:

 Initials -using the first letters of a person's first and last name. Such as JR for Jackson Royce, KC for Kelly Katherine
Title -They may refer to a person's occupation, social standing, or title. Such as Sparky for an Electrician
Physical Characteristics -such as chubby, beanpole

Personality -Talkative:"Motormouth","Chatterbox"

Name Portions - only using some of real name. Such as Chris for Christopher, or Belle for Isabelle

Relationship - usually a term of endearment. Such as Babe, Sweetie, Lovee


With the exception of jokingly, and terms of endearment for my husband, I like to use people's complete first name.


6 of my 8 kids could totally have a nickname (when I say nickname I mean shortened version of their full name).... EX. Jacob could go by Jake.  I prefer to use their full name.

I do not think it is wrong to use nicknames, they are just not my preference.

I have a dear friend of mine that gives everyone a nickname, it is one of the things I love about her and will always remember. She has many for me, but the one she uses most is Chunky.

Just for the record I only like when she uses that nickname. I do however have a family member that always calls me (and writes on letters and such) Heath~ (not pronounced with the long E sound)

So there's my opinion on nicknames.

Thanks for stopping by
Chunky Heath~




Do you have a nickname? Do you prefer nicknames?

Comments

  1. soo one ? was this a post about you being annoyed at something it seemed short and to the point :) love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts